low carb/gluten free carrot cupcakes with fluffed cream cheese frosting
carrot cake is my fave. these are moist, flavorful, low carb and delicious. :)
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp vanilla
1/3 cup erythritol (i also added a few drops of EZ-Sweetz)
2 tbsp oil
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (obv optional, i’m just a fan of walnuts in carrot cake)
4 oz room temperature cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered erythritol
1/2 tbsp vanilla
6 tbsp heavy cream
- preheat oven to 350, prep your muffin tin
- combine dry ingredients— almond flour, spices, salt, baking soda
- combine wet ingredients in separate bowl— eggs, sweetener, oil. vanilla. stir in carrots and walnuts.
- mix dry & wet ingredients together and pour into prepared muffin tin.
- bake for ~18 minutes
- while you let the cupcakes cool, combine all ingredients for the frosting in a food processor and run until smooth. slather on the cupcakes!
macros: each cupcake, with frosting, is: 215kcal, 20g fat, 6g protein, 3g net carbs